Here’s the latest information about COVID-19 vaccine boosters at PVH Medical.
We have the Pfizer vaccine for use as a booster dose. Other vaccines may be available at state vaccination centres and pharmacies.
We’re no longer running special vaccine clinics. Instead, simply call us and let us know you want to book in for a COVID-19 vaccine.
It’s recommended that everyone aged 16 and over has three doses of COVID-19 vaccines.
The third ‘booster’ dose is due three months after your second vaccine was given.
To find out when you’re due, access myGov or look at your vaccination certificate. Simply add three months to the date showing (your second vaccine dose).
Winter booster dose (fourth dose)
You should get another COVID-19 booster dose, also referred to as a ‘winter dose’, if you have had your initial booster dose at least four months ago and you are either:
- 65 years or older, or
- a resident of an aged care or disability care facility, or
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and aged 50 years or older, or
- 16 years or older, and have a medical condition that increases the risk of severe COVID-19 illness, including:
- reduced immune function due to illness or medication
- recent or current cancer
- chronic inflammatory conditions requiring disease modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDs) or immune-suppressive or immunomodulatory therapies
- chronic lung disease
- chronic liver disease
- severe chronic kidney disease (stage 4 or 5)
- chronic neurological disease
- diabetes mellitus requiring medication
- chronic cardiac disease
- people with disability with significant or complex health needs or multiple comorbidities which increased risk of poor outcome from COVID-19
- severe obesity with BMI ≥ 40
- severe underweight with BMI < 16.5.
Your doctor can help determine your eligibility if you’re unsure.
Note that healthy people aged 16 to 64, who do not fall into these categories, are not being advised to get a fourth dose at this stage.
Recently had COVID-19?
You’re advised to wait three months after your COVID-19 illness, before you have your booster. Make a note in your diary so you don’t forget about booking in!
We’re not a COVID-19 testing site
Please be reminded that we’re not a COVID-19 testing site.
If you’re experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g. fever, cold, sore throat), visit one of the dedicated testing centres instead.
Once you receive a negative result, you may then book an appointment with us. This keeps everyone as safe as possible, including other patients and staff.
Of course, if you are infected with COVID-19 we are here to help you manage the illness. Just call us if you need to book, so that we can best manage the situation.
Thanks for your understanding. You can read more about the COVID-19 vaccine roll-out at PVH Medical or give us a call on 9304 0500 if you have any questions.
Note: This information is of a general nature only and should not be substituted for medical advice. It does not replace consultations with qualified healthcare professionals to meet your individual medical needs. Page last updated 27 May 2022.