When was the last time you had a general health check?
Getting your vital signs regularly checked by a doctor is a simple and effective way to manage your health.
This can include the measurement of your temperature, respiratory rate, pulse and blood pressure. These numbers provide critical information (hence the name ‘vital’) about your state of health.
In particular, they:
- can identify the existence of an acute medical problem
- can determine the magnitude of an illness, and
- are a marker of chronic diseases.
At PVH Medical, we go a step further than checking your vital signs. When we assess your overall health, we consider both non-modifiable and modifiable risk factors.
Non-modifiable risk factors
These are the things you can’t change, and may include:
While you can’t turn back the clock, you can add years to your life by eating well, exercising, managing stress, not smoking and getting quality sleep.
While the average life expectancy in Australia is among the highest in the world, women are outliving men by approximately four years.
Your own risk of developing health issues can increase if there is history of it in your family.
If you’ve had health problems in the past, minimising your risk with a healthy lifestyle is essential.
Modifiable risk factors
These are risk factors that can be reduced if you make lifestyle changes:
Health checks at PVH Medical
We can run a range of tests to help you manage your health. For example:
- Blood pressure – for hypertension, stroke and heart attack
- Blood glucose levels – for diabetes
- Cholesterol – for heart disease
- Skin check – for skin cancers
- Body composition, such as your weight and waist measurement
- Annual health assessments for people over age 75
- A once-off health check for those between age 45-49 with risk of developing chronic disease.
We can also assess things like your nutrition, stress levels and emotional wellbeing.
Take a look at the top 10 health checks in our clinic here.
We have an internal team of healthcare practitioners.
So, we can easily refer you to another practitioner at PVH Medical, like a psychologist, physiotherapist or exercise physiologist.
We even have on-site pathology in Pascoe Vale.
Book a health check in Pascoe Vale today
Getting your vital signs checked, and having some basic health tests done, is crucial to your overall health and wellbeing.
Call 9304 0500 or book online today to take a strong step towards a long, healthy and happy life.