We’re pleased to welcome new patients. If you haven’t been to PVH Medical before, please print and complete the form below. If you’re unable to print it, ask a family member or you can get a copy from Reception.
Our practice operates by appointment only. We encourage you to see your regular GP in order to allow for continuity of care. If your regular GP is not available, we will provide an alternative doctor to ensure there is no delay in your care.
Please be aware that our GPs aim to see patients on time, however, medical emergencies and acute injuries may require immediate attention and cause delays.
If you have a complicated problem that may take more time with your GP, please let our reception team know when making your appointment so a longer appointment can be secured.
To book an appointment place call 03 9304 0500 or book online.
Home visit after hours care
Locum service (bulk billed): Our home visit after-hours service is provided for our patients by our locum National Home Doctor Service from 11pm – 8am Monday to Friday, and outside of our operating hours on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays. Please call 03 9429 5677.
In the event of an emergency, please call an ambulance on 000.
There are two local hospitals able to provide emergency care 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Royal Melbourne Hospital
300 Grattan St, Parkville Vic 3050
03 9342 7000
John Fawkner Private Hospital
275 Moreland Road, Coburg VIC 3058
03 9385 2500
Telephoning your doctor
You may contact the clinic at any time. If you call during a doctor’s consulting session, our reception team will usually take a message and have the GP return your call, or if it’s an emergency, we will put your call through to a doctor or nurse for advice. We require patients to make an appointment with their GP for results unless advised otherwise.
Prescription and referral requests
It is the policy of PVH Medical that prescriptions and referrals require a consultation.
From time-to-time, your GP may, at their discretion, issue a prescription or referral via telephone. Fees may apply.
Our practice is committed to preventive care. You may receive reminder notices via mail, email and/or sms from time-to-time offering you preventive health services appropriate to your circumstances. If you do not wish to receive these reminders, let us know at reception or call 03 9304 0500.
Your personal information
Please advise the Practice if any of your personal details have changed, e.g. phone number, address, email etc.
Your medical record is a confidential document. PVH Medical has strict security policies and procedures in place to maintain the security of personal health information. This information is only available to authorised members of staff. You may request a copy of your health record. Please contact the Practice Manager. View the Patient Privacy Information
Home visits may be available for regular patients who live locally and are too ill or frail to attend our practice. These visits are generally performed during lunchtime or after the clinic has closed in the evening. Please contact us on 03 9304 0500 if you require this service. If you wish to read our policy on Home, Hospital & Nursing Home Visits please contact us.
We realise that at times our doctors can run behind with their appointments. We apologise if you have to wait longer than usual. Sometimes emergencies can arise, which cause the doctors to run late or sometimes people just require extra time.
Our doctors and staff have made the following commitments:
- To start on time and work as efficiently as possible.
- To keep at least one appointment free per session for catching up time.
You can help us too, by:
- making one appointment for every person to be seen. We are happy to see more than one family member but please ensure that you have made an appointment for each person prior to attending. Seeing extra patients without an appointment takes extra time and keeps other patients waiting.
- making a long consultation booking if you have more than one issue to discuss or a complex problem. A standard consultation is 15 minutes. Please advise the receptionist if you require a long consultation so that more time will be made available for you. You will only be charged for the time taken, whether it is less or more than the time booked in.
- advising your doctor of all the issues you wish to discuss, at the start of the consultation.
- being on time for your appointment. If you are late, it means all the subsequent patients will be kept waiting, or you may not be seen at all. (If you are early for your appointment, you won’t necessarily be seen any sooner and you won’t be put in ahead of patients who are on time for their appointment. This is just likely to give you a longer wait.)
- notifying reception if you have been sitting in our waiting room for longer than 20 minutes. The receptionist can check that your arrival has been entered on the computer, and advise of any possible further delays.