We’re celebrating Men’s Health Week, which runs from 10 June to 16 June this year.
In Australia, Men’s Health Week provides a platform for challenging and debating key issues in men’s health and to raise the profile of men, their health outcomes and health needs every June.
Men’s health services at PVH Medical aim to provide professional treatment of all types of men’s health problems in a confidential setting. From routine check-ups and screening tests to treating chronic ailments, our healthcare professionals have the experience and expertise to ensure overall health and wellness.
Why is Australian male health in need of attention?
Good question! The health status of males in most countries, including Australia, is generally poorer than that of females.
- die at every life stage
- have accidents
- take their own lives, and
- suffer from lifestyle-related health conditions than females at the same age.
Men don’t see their GP as much as women do
There is a perception that men don’t care about health or that health services are not well-prepared to interact with men effectively. We want to change that perception.
Some ways to improve men’s health outcomes
- Be active in getting medical help if you don’t feel well, have a problem that won’t go away or notice unusual symptoms.
- It’s ok to seek help – don’t try to do everything on your own or bury problems. Talk to your partner, friends and workmates.
- Push hard to get the help you need to manage your life, work, family and financial needs.
- Ladies, be proactive in helping your men and boys get the help they and you need. Speak with professionals (like PVH Medical) to get the best course of action.
- Don’t leave it too late to seek help. Fear is not a killer.
Allied health can help too
We offer a number of allied health services in Pascoe Vale to complement our medical services, including:
- Exercise physiology
- Speech pathology
Our allied health professionals work closely with our GPs to ensure patients are provided the most effective treatment.
More information about Men’s Health Week
Check out the Men’s Health Week website for more information and to register for an event in your community.
If you’re a bloke, make an appointment to see us!
Please make an appointment to come and see us. We’re now open 7 days a week (including until 9 pm every weeknight) so there’s really no excuse!
Source: Men’s Health Week
Note: This information is of a general nature only and should not be substituted for medical advice. It does not replace consultations with qualified healthcare professionals to meet your individual medical needs.